BOTOX, also known as Botulinum Toxin, temporarily paralyzes or relaxes muscle activity. This makes it useful in smoothing dynamic wrinkles, caused by facial movements, to reverse the signs of aging. One of the most popular BOTOX uses is to help contour the jawline, giving it an ideal V-shape. BOTOX results are instant, but it takes 7 to 14 days for the full effect to be visible.
As we get older, our skin collagen and underlying soft tissues break down; causing more wrinkles to form on our faces. Over time, the lines will deepen and become more prominent, and wrinkles that only showed when you smiled or raised your eyebrow will eventually become permanent, even when we are not trying to express ourselves.
BOTOX inhibits muscular nerve impulses which eventually weaken and decrease muscle activity. As a consequence, undesirable face wrinkles are prevented.
Which Area Can BOTOX Treat?
- Bunny lines – Fine wrinkles that appear when you scrunch up your nose
- Crow’s feet – Wrinkles at the corner of the eyes when you smile
- Forehead lines – Lines that appear on your forehead when you raise your eyebrows
- Frown lines – Wrinkles between your eyebrows that could make you look fierce
- Marionette lines – Wrinkles that run from the corners of the mouth to the side of the chin
- Squared/Broad jaw – Jaw that appears squarish or broad due to large masseter muscles
Non-Surgical Jaw Slimming
The most common behaviors that contribute to an enlarged masseter muscle are clenching and grinding of the teeth. BOTOX injections can help to relax the muscle while potentially helping with grinding and clenching.
20 to 40 mins
Upon doctor’s prescription
About 1 Time
2 to 4 days