A face Lift, or rhytidectomy, is a procedure that reduces sagging or folds of skin at the cheeks and jawline. The typical patient presents with wrinkles, or fat that has drooped to a lower position on the face, or excess of both skin and fat in the face. A face Lift can improve several areas of the face, jawline, and part of the neck at the same time, to give you a firmer and younger appearance.
Why Choose a Face Lift?
- Tightens skin of the face causing sagging
- Reduces fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth
- Raises fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Reduces jowls developing in the cheeks and jaw
- Tightens loose skin and reduces excess fat of the neck that can appear as a double chin or “turkey neck”
Other Procedures with Face Lift
Other procedures that might be performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes. Fat transfer or fillers may be suggested to replace the lost fatty volume. Skin treatments such as laser or peels may be offered to improve the quality and texture of the skin.